Marigold’s Last Gallery

Marigold’s Last Gallery is a collection of old and some unpublished new photos of Marigold. As I write this, she is dying of kidney cancer, and has little time left. This is the last appearance of the Steamboat Queen. I wanted to post these while she is still alive. I probably will not be answering any comments . She is over 15 years old and I got her at a shelter holding an adoptathon. Your mum who helped me get you, and passed away years back, will be waiting for you with your old pals Verty, Peep, and Gracie. You can all play together and be a family again. In the meantime, I will be here with you so you are not alone.

STEAMBOAT QUEEN
Marigold was a steamboat queen,
The purrtiest cat that you’ve ever seen!
With long creamy hair
And those big green eyes,
We’re all in love.
I can tell no lies!
She has a picture in bed,
Hangin’ over the bar.
The sultriest cat in the bay by far.
She runs the gambling tables,
The dice and the wheel,
And it’s not just by chance
That you got a bad deal!
It’s snake eyes you’ll get,
DON’T you know?
Whether Anchorage, Alaska,
or cold Juneau.
Seattle, Tacoma,
Vancouver too,
She’ll win your money–
Nothing you can do.
Cats, stay away
From her games of sin,
And the green-eyed temptress
Who will lure you in,
With plates of fresh tuna–
Everything is free!
Won’t you sit a while and
Play a little game with me?

Godspeed!

Advertisements

32 Comments

1. Oh uncle Greg, we are so very sorry. Marigold is sooooooo bootyful and we will miss seing her when she has to go. We so hate those nasty diseases that rob us of our luvs. You have filled her life with luv and goodness and she couldn’t have wanted fur more. We’re sendin’ big hugs and lots of purrayers.

Luv ya;’

Dezi, Raena and mommy A

Liked by 1 person

2. I know you will not reply, and that’s just fine by me OK.

Marigold is magnificent and she has a huge big place in your heart. What a beauty. What a loss for you all.

Fly free gorgeous girl. You will never be forgotten.

Marjorie

Liked by 1 person

3. Godspeed your journey to heaven Marigold; a gorgeous girl you are and always will be. thanx to your dad for sharing your photos; we send our sincerest sympathies to him and your family. we know how difficult this time is for him. with hugs and our loves; dai$y, tuna, mackerull, dude, sauce and boomer ~~~~♥♥♥♥♥ we are truly sorry ~~~~~~~~~~~~

Liked by 1 person

4. Greg I am beyond sorry. I need not tell you Marigold couldn’t have wished for, or gotten, a better family, or had a more loving and caring dad. Guarantee if Marigold spoke human, she’d said “thanks dad, for everything; I love you and always will” Marigold is a beautiful girl; it shows here in her photos. I truly believe; regardless of religious choice; that St Francis stays by the side of our pets, until they reach heaven’s gate; so they have no pain, suffering, aren’t afraid, or feel alone ~~ He will be by Marigold’s side. Your friends will stand by yours ~ ♥♥♥ Laura and da tabbies

Liked by 1 person

5. Such a lovely tribute to Marigold who has had so much love in her life! So sorry to hear of her cancer. Too many friends of ours have fallen victim to this deadly disease. Marigold, you beauty, we send nosekisses and comforting purrs. – Tom, Bridget and Mom Julie

Liked by 1 person

6. Hugs and best wishes for a comfortable passing for this sweet kitty. It’s never easy to know the end is near, but (as someone who has had two near death experiences) I know the body tells you when it is time, and you quietly fade into oblivion. You welcome it and the relief from pain. i hope it is easy for Marigold.

Liked by 3 people

7. Och neeee….oh man, es läuft mir kalt den Rücken runter und ich habe auch Tränen in den Augen. Das tut mir sowas von leid. Wie gut kann ich deinen Schmerz nachvollziehen, zu frisch ist es immer noch mit meinem Gismo.

Mach es gut liebe Marigold, geh den Weg über die Brücke und wenn es dann soweit ist dann wirst du uns alle wiedersehen. RIP♥

Dir Greg wünsche ich alle Kraft der Welt und drücke dich virtuell.

Liebste Grüsse

N☼va

Liked by 2 people

8. Thank you for sharing these wonderful photos of your beautiful girl. I am so sorry that it is time for her to leave you. No matter how long a beloved kitty lives, it is never long enough. XO

Liked by 2 people

9. About six weeks since I lost my best girl Chelsea and sat with her on her very last days. She will be waiting at the Bridge to greet beautiful Marigold when the time comes. Cats are so special each gives us such love and companionship. We’ll never forget them!

Liked by 2 people

Leave a Reply or Meow here! Email addresses not published. In comment Links prohibited.

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s