Is it an earthquake? Is it a tornado? Is it a lava flow? No, we are getting a new roof. I do not want pieces of the old roof falling upon your heads along with other dirt. So, we have the catio covered to keep debris out. I do not want to have to go inside to clean it either. You still cannot go out in it. It will be too noisy and scary. And so it was, for some, but not for others. Scooby, who should be retitled Scooby the Fearless, took no notice of the hammering and banging at all, only occasionally looking upwards toward the sound of the occasional big thump. Marigold as well would just as soon sleep until it was over. On the other hand, Opie skulked about, and would sit by me for my magic protection from all scary things. As long as I was serene, no worries. Zeke burrowed into the back of the closet underneath the stairs, and had to be coaxed out. Then he went to his safe home under the bed, where he stayed all day until they quit for the night. It was only two days, and normalcy has resumed as though nothing has happened.
Is this blue bin our new litter box? How will it fit in the door?
Catio Closed! Covered to protect from roof debris. There was a work crew of four
Scooby the Fearless sleeps
Marigold is not disturbed
Opie resting in a somewhat worried fashion
Back to normal
Scooby loves Opie, but Opie does not love Scooby. Here we have Scooby blocking the exit of the catio. Opie is wanting him to move out of her way, but he won’t. I defused the situation by pulling Scooby inside so Opie could come in. The eyes speak volumes.
Opie and Scooby in the catio
But when the situation changes, there is no consideration for others by Opie.
Marigold and Opie
Happy birthday Zeke! You are 8 today! You are an old senior cat but you do not seem like one of those old timers! We shall look back at a few of your old photos on your special day. First, a few facts about you:
- Zeke is a Maine Coon
- He likes to be out in the catio many hours of the day, and especially the night, if I forget to close it.
- He likes to sit out in the catio in the rain and cold.
- He thinks he can go through the mirror to the other side. He paws at mirrors vigourously.
- As far as nip is concerned, he can take it or leave it.
- He lives under the bed.
- He fears all strangers, and since he does not meet new people, everyone is a stranger. He has rarely been seen by anyone else. He can only be seen on this blog. I tell people I have 3 cats not 4. They will never see the fourth one anyway!
- He is not a fussy eater.
- He especially likes feather toys.
- He likes to run and wrestle with Scooby.
- Zeke enjoys watching animal YouTube videos with birds and squirrels.
Zeke cooling off his feet
Zeke on a plate
Zeke in box
Opie and Zeke about to fight
2 years old
Zeke today thinking about his life