The cats pair off for nap-time–girls together, and boys together in different rooms. Peace reigns–except the big wound Opie inflicted on Scooby’s nose! He cannot seem to keep it out of Opie’s business. Looks like it is healing OK–fingers crossed. Thanks to everyone who visited during Scooby’s blitz week. It was quite a success–I was surprised. Thanks for all the birthday greetings for Opie as well! Yesterday in the USA it was National Pet Day! That sort of slipped under the radar, didn’t it folks? You can STILL go out and adopt a pet today. Lots of things happening here, so we will be slowing down with the “blitz” posting–back to our old usual rate, more or less.
Opie and Marigold napping
Zeke and Scooby napping
Happy birthday Opie! You are 7 years old now! How the time flies! I remember when you were just a tiny little thing. Here are some things about Opie people may not know or may have overlooked!
1. “Opie” is short for “Opilio” which is a snow crab! When she was little, she would run amazingly sideways like a crab!
2. She is a “she” and not a “he”. Frequently referred to as “Miss Opie” like Miss Kitty in “Gunsmoke” but she was not really
3. She is a Maine Coon cat.
4. She is sister or step-sister of Zeke. Same mother for sure.
5. She never lived in Mayberry.
6. She is the most intelligent of all my cats. You can see it in her eyes.
7. She is the worst cat for getting matted hair! What a job!
8. She does not like Scooby very much, but Scooby likes her!
9. She swats at me and other humans if she does not get her way!
10. She is a lap cat.
11. She is a fussy eater!
Opie in catio with her winter fur coat
Look at my birthday box! Cozy!
We finish off blitz week with Scooby blitz week Friday. There is a new event tomorrow.
Marigold and Scooby dual “lap cats”