This post shows Scooby on his first walkabout on his leash this Spring! It was a pretty nice day, and he needed some new mental and physical stimulation to keep him in shape. He weighs 14 pounds which is ok for his size. Zeke is featured in this post as well. He never goes outside. He would rather hide under the bed, but the catio is the exception as he is safe. He spots a new visiting cat which keeps his mind occupied!
Scooby trekking through the long grass. The sun is bright
He knows where he wants to go
Look up and smell the flowers!
I think I may move on from here
Wonder what is over the fence?
I know this place. Who is in there?
Sorry Zeke, I have to go! Any birds in the bird feeder?
Scooby says, time for a rest! Opie says, why can’t I go out?
Zeke spots a new visiting cat. Never seen this one before. It jumps down behind the fence.
We will resume our weekly posting schedule of a post every Wednesday, unless something very interesting happens on another day. Blog visits will continue throughout the week.
The cats pair off for nap-time–girls together, and boys together in different rooms. Peace reigns–except the big wound Opie inflicted on Scooby’s nose! He cannot seem to keep it out of Opie’s business. Looks like it is healing OK–fingers crossed. Thanks to everyone who visited during Scooby’s blitz week. It was quite a success–I was surprised. Thanks for all the birthday greetings for Opie as well! Yesterday in the USA it was National Pet Day! That sort of slipped under the radar, didn’t it folks? You can STILL go out and adopt a pet today. Lots of things happening here, so we will be slowing down with the “blitz” posting–back to our old usual rate, more or less.
Opie and Marigold napping
Zeke and Scooby napping
Happy birthday Opie! You are 8 years old now! How the time flies! I remember when you were just a tiny little thing. Here are some things about Opie people may not know or may have overlooked!
1. “Opie” is short for “Opilio” which is a snow crab! When she was little, she would run amazingly sideways like a crab!
2. She is a “she” and not a “he”. Frequently referred to as “Miss Opie” like Miss Kitty in “Gunsmoke” but she was not really
3. She is a Maine Coon cat.
4. She is sister or step-sister of Zeke. Same mother for sure.
5. She never lived in Mayberry.
6. She is the most intelligent of all my cats. You can see it in her eyes.
7. She is the worst cat for getting matted hair! What a job!
8. She does not like Scooby very much, but Scooby likes her!
9. She swats at me and other humans if she does not get her way!
10. She is a lap cat.
11. She is a fussy eater!
Opie in catio with her winter fur coat
Look at my birthday box! Cozy!