Happy Birthday Opie! You are ten years old today. You do look younger than that. Let us first remind everyone you are a girl and not a boy, don’t have red hair, and don’t live in Mayberry. You used to belong to a neighbor who lived behind my house, but you liked my house better and moved in. The neighbor let me keep you. How lucky was that? Fortunately you have stayed here with us and never moved on. Happy Birthday Opie!
Happy Purrday to both Mom & Spike on Spike the Scottish Black Cat
Happy birthday Marigold. You are 15 years old. How the time flies. She is the oldest cat here. The next in line is 9 years old. I got her out of a shelter.
Birthday card from Chrisscatmeow
Happy birthday Miss Opie. You are 9. I remember when you were a little kitten!
Happy birthday Zeke! You are 8 today! You are an old senior cat but you do not seem like one of those old timers! We shall look back at a few of your old photos on your special day. First, a few facts about you:
- Zeke is a Maine Coon
- He likes to be out in the catio many hours of the day, and especially the night, if I forget to close it.
- He likes to sit out in the catio in the rain and cold.
- He thinks he can go through the mirror to the other side. He paws at mirrors vigourously.
- As far as nip is concerned, he can take it or leave it.
- He lives under the bed.
- He fears all strangers, and since he does not meet new people, everyone is a stranger. He has rarely been seen by anyone else. He can only be seen on this blog. I tell people I have 3 cats not 4. They will never see the fourth one anyway!
- He is not a fussy eater.
- He especially likes feather toys.
- He likes to run and wrestle with Scooby.
- Zeke enjoys watching animal YouTube videos with birds and squirrels.
This post wishes a Happy Birthday Marigold (14)! Seems like birthdays have been coming fast and furious around here. As I stated recently, Marigold is the oldest cat here. She was four when I got her at a special Adoptathon at our local kill shelter in Tacoma. Their kill ratio has been much reduced since I obtained Marigold. They had 300 excess animals–too many to house, so they had to go that weekend! Got my cat carrier and went down there at opening time. There was a big big crowd. As soon as I saw Marigold I claimed her. I had not been inside two minutes! The aisles were packed with people. I knew if I walked away, and came back, she would be gone! So here she is! The birthday is really the Gotcha Day for her, but I just arbitrarily call her’s a birthday so every one here has one. She was picked up as a stray in Tacoma, Washington. She was obviously a house cat as she was very friendly. She gets along well with all my other cats, and has to my recollection never done anything forbidden! She is the last survivor of my old crew. She is now 14 and my other three cats are all much younger. I had a difficult time finding her first photo but I got it here below:
I am glad Marigold (Aug 2013) could climb down out of the tree!