Happy birthday Zeke! You are 8 today! You are an old senior cat but you do not seem like one of those old timers! We shall look back at a few of your old photos on your special day. First, a few facts about you:
- Zeke is a Maine Coon
- He likes to be out in the catio many hours of the day, and especially the night, if I forget to close it.
- He likes to sit out in the catio in the rain and cold.
- He thinks he can go through the mirror to the other side. He paws at mirrors vigourously.
- As far as nip is concerned, he can take it or leave it.
- He lives under the bed.
- He fears all strangers, and since he does not meet new people, everyone is a stranger. He has rarely been seen by anyone else. He can only be seen on this blog. I tell people I have 3 cats not 4. They will never see the fourth one anyway!
- He is not a fussy eater.
- He especially likes feather toys.
- He likes to run and wrestle with Scooby.
- Zeke enjoys watching animal YouTube videos with birds and squirrels.
Zeke cooling off his feet
Zeke on a plate
Zeke in box
Opie and Zeke about to fight
2 years old
Zeke today thinking about his life
This post wishes a Happy Birthday Marigold (14)! Seems like birthdays have been coming fast and furious around here. As I stated recently, Marigold is the oldest cat here. She was four when I got her at a special Adoptathon at our local kill shelter in Tacoma. Their kill ratio has been much reduced since I obtained Marigold. They had 300 excess animals–too many to house, so they had to go that weekend! Got my cat carrier and went down there at opening time. There was a big big crowd. As soon as I saw Marigold I claimed her. I had not been inside two minutes! The aisles were packed with people. I knew if I walked away, and came back, she would be gone! So here she is! The birthday is really the Gotcha Day for her, but I just arbitrarily call her’s a birthday so every one here has one. She was picked up as a stray in Tacoma, Washington. She was obviously a house cat as she was very friendly. She gets along well with all my other cats, and has to my recollection never done anything forbidden! She is the last survivor of my old crew. She is now 14 and my other three cats are all much younger. I had a difficult time finding her first photo but I got it here below:
First Marigold photo 2007
Marigold Feb. 2011
Zeke and Marigold 2012
I am glad Marigold (Aug 2013) could climb down out of the tree!
2015 Portrait on laundry basket
Marigold and catnip boomerang
Happy birthday Opie! You are 8 years old now! How the time flies! I remember when you were just a tiny little thing. Here are some things about Opie people may not know or may have overlooked!
1. “Opie” is short for “Opilio” which is a snow crab! When she was little, she would run amazingly sideways like a crab!
2. She is a “she” and not a “he”. Frequently referred to as “Miss Opie” like Miss Kitty in “Gunsmoke” but she was not really
3. She is a Maine Coon cat.
4. She is sister or step-sister of Zeke. Same mother for sure.
5. She never lived in Mayberry.
6. She is the most intelligent of all my cats. You can see it in her eyes.
7. She is the worst cat for getting matted hair! What a job!
8. She does not like Scooby very much, but Scooby likes her!
9. She swats at me and other humans if she does not get her way!
10. She is a lap cat.
11. She is a fussy eater!
Opie in catio with her winter fur coat
Look at my birthday box! Cozy!